Thank you for thinking of Recycle-A-Bicycle for your bike donation! Please read our donation guidelines, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We welcome bikes in good working condition
- We may accept damaged bikes or bikes with missing parts
- We do not accept bikes with excessive rust
Parts and accessories:
- We accept donations of usable parts
- We accept donations of new helmets only (we cannot ensure the safety of used helmets)
- We accept functioning accessories
- We accept new or gently used (laundered) cycling clothing
- We do not take parts or accessories that are damaged beyond repair or excessively worn or rusty
Donations may be dropped off at our Clinton Hill Shop:
Address: 858 Fulton Street, Brooklyn NY 11238
Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10 AM – 6 PM (closed Mondays)
Saturday, 10 AM – 7PM
Sunday, 9 AM – 5 PM
Local pick-up service:
We occasionally offer pick-up service for donations that meet the above requirements. Please email email@example.com for further information.
If your bike does not meet the above guidelines, we recommend the following alternatives:
- Put your bike out with your curbside bulk metal recyclables; you can find the Sanitation Department’s pick-up schedule at https://tinyurl.com/y9zx2m5n.
- Bring the bike to a metal scrap recycling facility.
- List your bike on Craigslist or Freecycle.