Thank you for thinking of Recycle-A-Bicycle for your bike donation! Please read our donation guidelines, then contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- We welcome bikes in good working condition
- We may accept damaged bikes or bikes with missing parts
- We do not accept bikes with excessive rust
Parts and accessories:
- We accept donations of usable parts
- We accept donations of new helmets only (we cannot ensure the safety of used helmets)
- We accept functioning accessories
- We accept new or gently used (laundered) cycling clothing
- We do not take parts or accessories that are damaged beyond repair or excessively worn or rusty
Donations may be dropped off at our Clinton Hill Shop:
Address: 858 Fulton Street, Brooklyn NY 11238
Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 12 PM – 6 PM (closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
Due to space limitations, we ask that you confirm with us before donating more than four bicycles.
Local pick-up service:
We occasionally offer pick-up service for donations of 10 or more adult bicycles that meet the above requirements. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If your bike does not meet the above guidelines, we recommend the following alternatives:
- Put your bike out with your curbside bulk metal recyclables; you can find the Sanitation Department’s pick-up schedule at https://tinyurl.com/y9zx2m5n.
- Bring the bike to a metal scrap recycling facility.
- List your bike on Craigslist or Freecycle.