Thank you for thinking of Recycle-A-Bicycle for your bike donation! Please read our donation guidelines, then take a few minutes to fill out the donation form below.
- We welcome bikes in good working condition
- We may accept damaged bikes or bikes with missing parts
- We do not accept bikes with excessive rust
Parts and accessories:
- We accept donations of usable parts
- We accept donations of new helmets only (we cannot ensure the safety of used helmets)
- We accept functioning accessories
- We accept new or gently used (laundered) cycling clothing
- We do not take parts or accessories that are damaged beyond repair or excessively worn or rusty
Due to space limitations, we ask that you confirm with us before donating more than four bicycles.
Despite our commitment to rescuing bikes, the donation volume may be so high that we are unable to accept donations.
Local pick-up service:
We occasionally offer pick-up service for donations of 10 or more adult bicycles that meet the above requirements. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If your bike does not meet the above guidelines, we recommend the following alternatives:
- Put your bike out with your curbside bulk metal recyclables; you can find the Sanitation Department’s pick-up schedule at https://tinyurl.com/y9zx2m5n.
- Bring the bike to a metal scrap recycling facility.
- List your bike on Craigslist or Freecycle.