Position: Customer Service Assistant
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Salary: Based on experience, benefits
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Work Schedule: Hybrid, in office and remote
Organization overview: Bike New York is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to transform lives and communities through free bike education, dynamic public events, outreach and advocacy, and consistent collaboration with community and government organizations. Best known for producing North America’s largest bike ride—the TD Five Boro Bike Tour, a fundraising ride for 32,000 cyclists through all five boroughs of New York City on 40 miles of car-free streets—we also organize regional rides and small community rides. Proceeds from these events fund our free bike education programming for kids and adults throughout NYC. In 2020, despite the pandemic, we taught bike skills to more than 30,000 kids and adults, virtually and in person.
Job Description: Bike New York is currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable Customer Service Assistant. In this role, you will interact with our clients one-on-one on a daily basis, addressing concerns and fielding questions via phone and email. To succeed in this position, you must be patient, empathetic, and knowledgeable, with a friendly yet professional demeanor.
The ideal candidate will be punctual, with excellent customer service and problem-solving skills. Weekend work will be required for Tour weekend. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with clients on the phone, internet, and face-to face in a professional manner
- Accurately answer questions and address client concern
- Manage customer support for Bike New York’s Membership Program
- Assist the organization and Education department with customer service needs
- Collect and create data to provide to other departments for future events
- Proactively seek solutions to problems, notifying Management when concerns arise
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Previous customer service and administrative experience
- Ability to manage high call and email volume
- Familiarity with multi-line phone system
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient, capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to remain calm and professional, even with challenging clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send resumes and letters of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Customer Service Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Bike New York is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability