Whether you’re patiently awaiting the return of sweater weather or savoring every last drop of summer, the calendar can’t lie – autumn is well on its way, and with it comes after-dark commutes and cruises around the city. One of the best ways to keep your evening rides safe (and legal!) is to ensure that your bike is always well-lit.
This October, our annual Bike Light Giveaway will help keep night owl cyclists riding smoothly across all five boroughs. This year’s dates and locations:
- Tuesday, October 2: St. Vartan Park at 35th Street and 1st Avenue, Manhattan
- Wednesday, October 3: Richmond Terrace at the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, Staten Island
- Thursday, October 4: Mosholu Parkway Greenway, Bronx
- Wednesday, October 10: Manhattan Bridge at Jay Street, Brooklyn
- **NEW DATE** Thursday, October 18: Queensboro Bridge at Crescent Street, Queens