Volunteer Incentive Program
Give something, get something.
Bike New York depends on its volunteers—we rely on them to marshal the TD Five Boro Bike Tour and regional rides, assist instructors in our education classes, represent Bike New York at tabling events, and much more. Without our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to do what we do! That’s why we’d like to reward volunteers with swag, free event registrations, and more.
HOW IT WORKS
Your volunteer hours will be tracked via CERVIS (our volunteer database) from January through October. At the end of the season, hours will be tallied and prizes awarded based on the different levels (see below). The levels are not cumulative, meaning that if you achieve Level 5, you will only get the prize in Level 5. You will not get all of the prizes in the lower levels, too. If a volunteer wishes to have a prize awarded at a lower level instead of the prize offered in their current level, they can do so if that prize is available.
Thank you to all the volunteers who participated in the 2017 Bike New York Volunteer Incentive Program. We had more than 1,000 participants this year! We’ll contact candidates of all levels by December 2017 with instructions on how to receive incentive program rewards.
GUIDELINES & LEVELS
- Volunteers must be registered through CERVIS in order to participate.
- Hours can be gained by volunteering at Bike New York events, classes, and outreach opportunities between January and October.
- Prizes will be based on the hours a volunteer has accumulated by Oct. 31, 2017.
- Volunteers must respond to the email stating which level they reached in order to claim their prize. There will be a deadline for the response email.
- Level One 11 – 20 hours: One surprise swag item
- Level Two 21 – 30 hours: One Bike New York branded item
- Level Three 31 – 40 hours: Free entry to one 2018 local ride
- Level Four 41 – 50 hours: Free entry to one 2018 regional ride
- Level Five 51+ hours: Free entry to the 2018 TD Five Boro Bike Tour*
*Level 5 will be awarded to the first ten people to reach 51 hours. The first 10 people who are contacted and claim their prize will be given free entry to ride in the TD Five Boro Bike Tour as part of the Bike New York Volunteer Ambassador Program. They will be expected to ride together as a group in next year’s Tour. Once all ten spots have been filled, Level 5 will be cut from the incentives program, making the top prize a free entry to one of the regional rides.