Position: Online Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Salary: $16 an hour
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt; Approximately 21 hours a week.
Organization Overview: Bike New York is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to transform lives and communities through bicycling. We accomplish this through free educational programming, dynamic public events, expansive outreach, and consistent collaboration with community and government organizations. Best known for producing North America’s largest bike ride—the TD Five Boro Bike Tour, ride for 32,000 cyclists through all five boroughs of New York City on 40 miles of car-free streets—Bike New York also organizes regional rides, small community rides, and one of the nation’s most-attended bike shows, Bike Expo New York. Proceeds from these events fund our free bike education classes for kids and adults throughout New York City. In 2018, we taught bike skills to more than 28,000 kids and adults.
Job Description: The Online Sales Associate is responsible for running Recycle-A-Bicycle’s web store, an extension of their brick-and-mortar shop. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ability to efficiently assess and select items for posting
- Clean and photograph items, displaying best vantage points
- Post items as “Buy it Now” or as “Auction” to maximize the sale
- Respond to customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Box and ship bicycles, parts, and accessories
- Deliver packages to appropriate drop-off locations so that they arrive on time
- Familiarity with eBay sales best practices
- Familiarity with Facebook Marketplace and paid Facebook/Instagram campaigns, or interest in learning
- Knowledge of bicycle styles and sizing to assist customers
- Able to remain calm and professional, even with challenging clients
- Basic photography skills
- Basic bike repair skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to maintaining a clean, organized workshop space
- Team player who is willing to help out with incoming donations or other relevant tasks in the shop as needed
Please send resume, references, and letters of interest to: email@example.com. Include “Online Sales Associate” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.