Position: Customer Service Assistant
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Salary: $20 an hour
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt. Initially three days a week. Additional hours closer to the event. Until May 2020.
Organization Overview: Bike New York is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to transform lives and communities through bicycling. We accomplish this through free educational programming, dynamic public events, expansive outreach, and consistent collaboration with community and government organizations. Best known for producing North America’s largest bike ride—the TD Five Boro Bike Tour, ride for 32,000 cyclists through all five boroughs of New York City on 40 miles of car-free streets—Bike New York also organizes regional rides, small community rides, and one of the nation’s most-attended bike shows, Bike Expo New York. Proceeds from these events fund our free bike education classes for kids and adults throughout New York City. In 2019, we taught bike skills to more than 20,000 kids and adults.
Bike New York is currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable part-time Customer Service Assistant. In this role, you will interact with our clients one-on-one on a daily basis, addressing concerns and fielding questions. To be successful in this position, you must be patient, empathetic, and knowledgeable, with a friendly yet professional demeanor.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the ideal candidate will be punctual and a problem solver with excellent customer service skills. This collaborative role involves working closely with all members of the staff. Weekend work will be required for the actual event weekend. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Interact with clients on the phone, internet, and face-to face in a professional manner
- Accurately answer questions and address client concerns
- Collect and create data to provide to other departments for future events
- Welcome visitors by greeting them and signing for packages as needed
- Assist in maintaining safe and clean reception area
- Proactively seek solutions to problems, notifying Management when concerns arise
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Previous customer service and administrative experience.
- Able to manage a high call and email volume
- Familiarity with multi-line phone system
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient, capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to remain calm and professional, even with challenging clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send resumes, references, and letters of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Customer Service Assistant” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins