Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
This is a mostly remote position, with occasional on-site projects.
Bike New York is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to transform lives and communities through bicycling. We accomplish this through free educational programming, dynamic public events, expansive outreach, and consistent collaboration with community and government organizations. Best known for producing North America’s largest bike ride—the TD Five Boro Bike Tour, ride for 32,000 cyclists through all five boroughs of New York City on 40 miles of car-free streets—Bike New York also organizes regional rides, small community rides, and one of the nation’s most-attended bike shows, Bike Expo New York. Proceeds from these events fund our free bike education classes for kids and adults throughout New York City. In 2020, despite the pandemic, we taught bike skills to more than 30,000 kids and adults, both virtually and in person.
Bike New York is currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable Education Assistant. The ideal candidate will have strong organization and communication skills. This role involves supporting current Education staff to make sure all pieces are in place for our programming to happen effectively. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Interacting with clients on the phone, email, and face-to-face in a professional manner
- Providing customer service for public programs classes
- Handling all class communications with students
- Sending pre-class info & post-class follow-up emails to students
- Posting & promoting Education volunteer opportunities
- Assisting with setup of classes in the online registration system
- Assisting with applying for and tracking Parks Department permits
- Updating and posting class schedule
- Downloading class lists
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Previous customer service and administrative experience. Able to manage high call and email volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient, capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for cycling and helping novice cyclists learn about and enjoy cycling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, preferred knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Bilingual applicants encouraged
Please send resumes and letters of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Education Assistant” in the subject line.
Bike New York is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.